Thursday, December 5, 2013

my start equals my future


The great Chinese philosopher Confucius once said that “if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life”. In order for this to be possible, career must align perfectly with personality.

I come from a hard-working family; my father is a mechanic/fabricator, which is where my complete and utter exuberance for the field came to be. I had watched him with great admiration since I was very young, which had a great influence on my personality. Watching attentively to every little thing he did, I developed a fascination to learn. This world is so big and has so many different things to learn, how could you not look upon it with reverence? Specifically, I loved to do anything in which I could work with my hands, and it seems that through the course of my young years it has rooted into somewhat of an obsession, which has benefitted me greatly in obtaining the skills of the trade. Finally, I developed a keen vision of how things are put together, how they move, and so on and so forth.

In choosing my career it was essential that all of my personality and skills be satisfied. That is why I decided to become a Mechanical Engineer: a field of work that will allow me to work with my hands on a daily basis, develop new ideas, and challenge my mind in such a way that will guarantee continuous opportunities for learning. The high school classes I have taken that have to do with this field (i.e. Calculus, welding technology) have confirmed this decision and allow me to wake up every day, excited about my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment